Background

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

1 Laundry Basket

Here is my favorite home organization tip as of recently.

Yep. I'm talking about laundry today. Now that I'm home with the kids instead of working, I'm doing more of the household duties (it was pretty 50/50 before). I quickly became overwhelmed with laundry. My kids each had their own basket and my husband and I shared a ser of colors and whites baskets. 

I. Detest. Folding. Ugh, seriously hate it. So all the clothes would stay in baskets and we would pull out what we needed when we needed. So this resulted in heaps of dirty laundry everywhere. 

I saw a post on Pinterest about 1 laundry basket for the family and loved the idea! It took some catching up (and I admit I still have clothes to fold in our master bedroom) but is working very smooth. My daughter knows to put her clothes in the family basket at the end of the day. I wash 1 load of clothes every other day (and a load of diapers on the other day). And since its a bit of everyone's clothes, I fold and sort in the living room. So they have to get put away right away otherwise the kids will destroy them. 

I picked this basket up at Target for under $15. The liner comes out easily to carry laundry up and down the 3 flights to the laundry room. 


So, now the laundry isn't taunting me in each room I go. The family basket sits at the top of the stairs, outside the bathroom and our bedrooms. So far, a much easier laundry solution! 

What is your best home organization tip?

-Lynsee

No comments:

Post a Comment