Background

Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday Night Craft!

Are you ready for some football crafting?  It's Monday night and the Minnesota Vikings are playing tonight.  That means that my husband is hunkered down on the couch (but doing 'chores' during the commercials...yeah..he's fabulous...I don't even ask him to do them!) and after being away since Thursday morning, I was itching to get crafty.

The weather turned almost winterish this weekend.  Like, it was snowing on our way home from Duluth.  Yeah.  Great.  I love snow, don't get me wrong, but I feel like we barely had a fall!  It went from 70 to 40.  I love me some brisk fall days but that was too drastic for me!

Anyways, my daughter needs a winter hat. When I ordered her winter jacket, the website was being funky and I couldn't order the matching hat.  Then when I reordered my son's winter gear last week I forgot to look at her hats again.  Grrrr!  But, then I remembered that I had purple fleece sitting in my fabric stash.  So I went to work!

I bought an animal ear hat pattern on Etsy just after my daughter was born 4 years ago.  Check out Level Design on Etsy.  She also sells her products at TheJuneBride.  Here is the  animal ear hat pattern on Etsy.  She also has an adorable bootie pattern.  You'll see them in some of my pictures below.  I love these hats!  I made a hat for Sassy then, another for my son when he was born 2 years ago, and many others in between.  So, so simple!  (And check out Karen's website, TheJuneBride.com.  She shows off customer projects, new tutorials, and even recipes! P.S. You can score a better deal on her patterns at her personal website!!)

Sometimes, if I'm feeling extra crafty, I'll add my own embellishments to the hats.  Today I added a purple heart on the side of Sassy's hat to match the purple hearts on her winter jacket.  Even with the heart embellishment, this took less than 30 minutes.  (I got a little distracted and sewed off the bottom of the heart a bit.  Oops!  But that makes it much more special, right?!)



I'm sure Sassy will love this and be happy to rock another mommy-made hat this winter!



Here are a few others that I've made in the past.



Sassy's first hat with matching booties.


Another set made for a friend's baby girl.



The monkey hat I made for Tigster.

-Lynsee



No comments:

Post a Comment